Monday, August 28, 2017

Weekend Recap

I have no idea where the weekend went – it flew by in a blur (I think I say that every Monday).

Friday, I got off work a little early.  I had big plans to take the boys to the park and then out for pizza at a place near A’s school.  When I arrived home, S was crying, his face was red, and he felt really warm.  My mom said that he’d been super cranky and clingy all day.  I was certain he was getting sick – returning to school and a trip to the pediatrician in the same week is a sure fire way to acquire a nasty virus.  I picked him up and asked if he wanted a nap.  He told me yes.  Side note: this kiddo knows when he’s tired and often tells me when he wants to nap.  Minutes later, he was sound asleep.  He woke up completely normal, happy, and with no sign of being sick.  Halleluiah!!  W asked to go to Mod Pizza so off we went.  I ended up trying something new – a pizza with pesto, basil, mozzarella, tomatoes, mushrooms, and balsamic dressing.  It was SOOO good!!!  After the boys were in bed, A and I had wine and caught up on one of our shows.  It was the perfect way to end a crappy week.

Saturday was crazy busy.  We went out for lunch and then headed to a park.  This park isn’t your average park – it has two playgrounds, I giant sandbox with dinosaur bones, and a pretend pirate ship with a slide.  The boys loved it, but after two hours, I was spent.  I think the boys would have stayed for the rest of the afternoon if we’d let them.  From there, we had to make a quick stop at Target and then it was off to church.  Such a busy day!


Sunday, I hosted a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law.  My mother-in-law did most of the planning and it turned out beautifully.  I was a little nervous because I don’t know Katie super well and I either didn’t know the guests at all or didn’t know them very well.  But I think the shower was perfect and most importantly, I think Katie enjoyed it.  We had it at a restaurant my mother-in-law chose and the food was delicious.  The decorations were just right for the space (if I do say so).  All in all, I think everything turned out wonderfully and Katie (and Matt) received beautiful gifts for their new house!  Yay!!

I really enjoy creating these chalk boards!!


Love the pink daisies!

Me and the bride


And finally, these boys.  For some reason, they were trying to ride on the same toy car and laughing hysterically.  Last week was a tough one for me for many reasons, but as I was watching the boys play, I was reminded how thankful I am for them.  They are my light and they bring me so much joy.



1 comment:

  1. Don't you mean "enjoyed" creating these chalk boards? :p

    ReplyDelete