Monday, August 14, 2017

Weekend Recap

We had lots of fun this weekend.  Out weather has been beautiful and we’ve definitely been taking advantage.

Friday, I met the guys for lunch at one of our favorite pizza restaurants.  After that, I took the boys for a long walk so that A could do his vest.  The boys had fun checking out the air conditioners and the garbage cans (What can I say?  That’s what they’re into.) and I enjoyed the fresh air.

Saturday, I treated myself to a pedicure and then it was off to lunch at our favorite charcoal chicken restaurant.  I love their chicken and mashed potatoes – soooo good.  From there, we headed to the amusement park.  BOTH boys went on a roller coaster.  That’s right, in addition to my 4 year old going on a roller coaster, my 2 year old also went.  In fact, he threw a fit because big brother got to go first.  Little dare devil.  They both loved it.  The boys were having so much fun going on multiple rides, we ended up staying 4 hours.  After my exhausted boys were in bed, A ran to Taco Bell and we ate tacos while watching some of our shows on DVR.  Completely unhealthy, but I so enjoyed it!!  It was the perfect ending to a really busy day!

Sunday was the usual.  We did lots of cleaning around the house.  A and I have discovered that we really enjoy making dinner together.  The kiddos were being a little crazy during this time, but we still had fun cooking together.  We tried a new recipe – chicken in a garlic mushroom cream sauce over fettucine (it was pretty similar to fettucine alfredo) and it was delicious!!


This was A’s last weekend before heading back to school and I’m glad we squeezed in lots of fun activities.  A fun ending to summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment