Wednesday, November 5, 2014

26 Weeks with Baby #2

How far along? 26 weeks!  Nearing the third trimester... holy moly!

Size?  Baby is the size of a head of lettuce.

Maternity Clothes? Yes.  (I think I'm going to delete this question next update - it's been yes for a long time!)

Weight Gain? About 20 lbs I think... I honestly don't pay much attention when I'm weighed at the doctor's office and I don't know what my exact starting weight was.

Gender? Baby boy!

Sleep?  Sleep is getting more difficult.  I'm just uncomfortable.  I have a pregnancy pillow, but I didn't love it during my first pregnancy so I'm not sure I want to bother with it this time around.  Also, the dog currently uses it - sad but true.

Movement? All the time.  During my last ultrasound, the tech wrote "very active" in his notes.  I'm a bit terrified of what that means for this baby's personality.  W was/is pretty laid back and I fear #2 is going to be a wild man.

Food Cravings?  Nothing really.

Labor signs? Too early.

What I Miss?  My regular clothes.

Symptoms?  Just as I was thinking I might avoid heartburn this time around and have a bald baby, it hit me early in the morning.  Holy burning sensation.  A few Tums and I was feeling like myself again.  Also experiencing back spasms when I wake up.

Happy or Moody?  Honestly?  A bit moody.  I've never been super self conscious, but the comments about how big I am have really gotten to me lately.  So much so that I don't want to talk to people, have a hard time choosing what to wear, and cringe when people ask about my due date.  I assume they're expecting me to tell them that I'm due in November when in reality they're probably asking because they're just curious.  I've even started saying EARLY February because I feel like that sounds a little better?  It's really sad.  I hate that a few stupid comments have made me feel so self-conscious and uncomfortable in my own skin.  I'd like to think I'm a strong person who doesn't let others bring me down, but I guess the rude remarks combined with pregnancy hormones have been a bit much.  I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough, embrace my large baby bump, and move on.

BUT on a very HAPPY note (and not pregnancy related), I just read that Vertex Pharmaceuticals submitted an NDA for a drug combination that would treat the most common form of CF... this is HUGE HUGE news for those affected by CF.  HUGE.  Also, this is what I do at work - I write NDA submissions/supplements so seeing this news from Vertex made me very excited. :)

Looking Forward To?  This weekend - we have no plans (other than school for W) and I'm thrilled about that.  Also excited about the upcoming holiday season.  My second nephew is due to arrive any day now and I'm looking forward to meeting him... as well as the newborn cuddles. :)

Best Moment of the Week?  We have a name!!  And now that we've agreed, I'm second guessing it.  Ahhh... boy names are really tough for me!  Participating in Halloween festivities with W was so so much fun... It's making me really excited for Christmas festivities!  I keep picturing the tree and W coming down the stairs on Christmas morning.  I can't wait! :)  In other news, the nursery is painted and I love it!!  Woohoo!  Let the decorating begin!!

Note the random fire truck and little people on the floor. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment