Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Recap

Another (mostly) great weekend come and gone.

Friday consisted of a few great consignment sale finds and dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  Yummy!

Saturday was my turn to take W to school.  He did amazingly well!  I had to leave the classroom or walk away a couple times and he was totally fine.  No panic ensued, no chasing after mom.  It made me confident that he’ll be ready for preschool when the time comes.  W played with much more than the usual trucks, rocking chair, and sandbox.  He enjoyed painting, playing at the water table, coloring with markers, checking out magna tiles, sitting at the counting station… he tried EVERYTHING.  I couldn’t keep up with him.  His teacher remarked how he seemed more independent and another mom commented how smart he was as he was identifying a few letters.  This made my day – I know he’s a smart boy, but I still wonder about his somewhat delayed speech every so often.  Those confirmatory comments really warmed my heart and made me smile.  So proud of my little man.  He’s grown so much since starting school just a couple months ago.

That afternoon, we headed to Buy Buy Baby to check out dressers for the nursery.  I had forgotten how crowded the mall got as we approach the holiday season.  Holy. Moly.  It took forever to find a parking space.  When we finally got into the store, W had a blast running around the furniture and testing out gliders.  We chose a dresser and glider, but didn’t purchase them yet.  I’m hoping they’ll be discounted on Black Friday.  I was also afraid to ask what the shipping/delivery fees are… gulp.  If nothing else, I should be able to use my 20% off coupons – hopefully!  We also purchased a baby bath tub since the one we used for W was borrowed and has since been returned.  It was fun looking at baby items. J

Sunday was our usual routine.  One of our church friends made a comment about how W is always so good.  I think he took that remark as a challenge and was the epitome of terrible twos that afternoon.  There was just no making him happy – crying, throwing objects, refusing to eat what I offered, running over Addie with toys… yikes.  W wasn’t himself.  I’m fairly certain he’s getting another molar.  Combine that with a short nap and hunger and you get a very unhappy toddler.  We had a few high points – painting and coloring with markers, but for the most part… whew.  I even had to give W a time out – something that rarely happens.

So with the exception of Sunday afternoon, we had a great weekend.  And last night, the most shocking thing happened… W slept through the night and actually slept in and Addie slept in her bed the entire night.  That meant a whole night of uninterrupted sleep… Oh. My. Gosh.  I’m a happy mom today!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment