Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Thoughts

One of my colleagues’ favorite things to do is suggest names for Baby #2.  Here are a few they’ve come up with: Mustafa, Mufasa, Mustungo (yeah, I have no idea – I have strange colleagues), Max, Mikhail, Horatio (again, no idea), Cooper, Russell, Conner, and Phineas.  Whatever… I’m just glad we’re not talking about due dates, maternity leave, or how huge I am for once.

W’s last day of school is tomorrow.  Well, last day for a while.  There’s a mini session in January and also a spring session if we want to sign him up.  School has been such a great experience and I’m considering signing him up for everything.  I can’t say enough positive things about the program.  Also, I think it will be good for W to get out of the house and have his own activities once little brother arrives.

You know the saying, "Keep Calm and blah blah blah..."?  Where did that come from?  I've never really gotten the saying.  I know it's meant to be clever/funny, but I've always thought it was dumb.  I guess I just don't get the appeal.  I've seen it on t-shirts, FB, posters, etc. and I just find it annoying.  And most of the time, the thing I'm supposed to "keep calm" about, I couldn't care less about.  Maybe (probably) it's just me.  Hope the fad dies soon.

I think W is getting yet another cold.  I’m so over colds.  My mom reminded me this morning that the more activities he participates in and the more kids he’s around, the more colds he’ll get.  I know that, but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating.  We seem to have about 2 weeks of health followed by 2 weeks of snotty nose.  Uggghh.  It’s going to be a really long winter.

I have a one day work week next week.  Holla!!!  So looking forward to a break… AND Thanksgiving.  Bring on all the yummy food!

I occasionally read old posts and correct grammar.  Incorrect grammar really bothers me. :)

This deserves a post of its own, but I’m terrified of the transition from one child to two.  I’m mainly worried about how it will affect W.  He is very close to Ma and sharing me is going to be tough on him.  He’s had all of my attention for two years and I don’t want him to feel like he’s being replaced.  I’m probably being irrational.  I’m also extremely nervous about nursing.  Not so much nursing itself, but nursing and/or pumping while caring for W.  I ended up exclusively pumping for W and it worked well for us.  BUT it was very time consuming.  If I do that again, I can’t figure out how it will work.  I was pumping every 3 hours and feeding between pumping.  Yikes.  How do I care for W while doing that?  We’ll figure it out, right??  We have to…

I’ve reached the point in the week where I’m just done.  I don’t want to talk to anyone.  I don’t want to do anything.  The thought of setting my email auto reply to “Leave Me Alone” might have crossed my mind this morning…  Just not feeling it today.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment