Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Recap

In a word, this weekend was BUSY.  Oddly enough, we had nothing planned (besides school).  But we ended up getting lots done.

Saturday was W’s last day of school.  He did great – played at lots of the stations again and was not shy about making his way around the classroom.  A and I both went with since it was his last day.  After that, we headed to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch.  W was hungry and devoured lots of chicken and cheesy bread.  He also loves the strawberry lemonade.  We headed home for a nap, and then decided to start decorating for Christmas.  A wasn’t ready for the tree, but was ok with other décor.  My mom also came over to help.  I think W is disappointed that the turkeys are put away, but he’s been admiring the snowmen.  After the decorating, I was exhausted.  We took is easy for the remainder of the evening.

Can you find A's contribution to the mantle??  We don't have stockings yet so he took it upon himself to add a Cubs sock.  Also, my mom surprised me with all the decor on the mantle (minus the clock).  She loves to decorate and told me she was living vicariously through us since she never had a fireplace.  I absolutely love everything she picked!

I should also mention that I thought W was coming down with a cold, but that appears to be a false alarm (thank you, Lord!).  He’s been downing lots of purees and also Pediasure juice so I’m hoping those will help keep the colds away.  We also wash hands often.

Anyway, Sunday was church.  W was really good.  Then it was off to Starbucks and grocery shopping.  I decided to make breakfast casserole for dinner even though I knew I was the only one who’d eat it.  It was delicious.  I also made Reese’s peanut butter cookie truffles.  They were amazing.  I had to improvise since the recipe called for a food processor, which I definitely don’t own (and don’t care to own), but they turned out great.  

A started to put together W’s toddler bed.  Let me say, that I’m a believer in “you get what you pay for” and this bed was cheap.  After working on it for well over an hour, A was nowhere near finished.  So we called it a night and the bed will be assembled sometime this week.  I had debated between twin and toddler bed and ultimately decided on toddler bed thinking it would be an easier transition for W (and did I mention it was cheap!).  I’m regretting that decision.  I think we should’ve just gone with the twin and forgotten about the tiny, cheap toddler bed.  Oh well…  In a way, I was relieved that the bed wasn’t ready.  I thought I was fine with W transitioning, but as we were playing in his room and the bed was being assembled, I got really sad.  I just can’t believe how much he’s grown in a short time.

Not sure if I’ll have any more updates this week since I’m off and have lots planned.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog last week. Sorry it took so long for me to respond - busy life with a baby! Congrats on #2! That's excellent that your husband is healthy enough to teach. Where does he go to clinic?
    Yes, my husband and I went to NIU, that's where we met and lived for a few years, but now we're living in Decatur. Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for the congrats. My husband goes to clinic at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.

      We live north east of Chicago - Gurnee area. If you've been to Six Flags Great America, that's near where we live. :)

      I went to school at Illinois State University so I'm familiar with Decatur!

      Delete