Monday, December 1, 2014

Weekend Recap - Part 1

We had an incredibly jam packed, wonderful holiday week/weekend.  As we were driving home from Thanksgiving dinner, I told A it was my favorite Thanksgiving ever.  But before I get to that, let’s start with Tuesday…

Tuesday, I decided to take the day off to spend with W.  A had conferences that day and wouldn’t be home until after 8 so I knew it was going to be a long day – simply because W has a lot of energy and I don’t. J  My mom offered to help.  I decided that I would treat W to Starbucks and then head to the mall play place.  This tends to be my default when I can’t think of anything better to do. J  The cold temperatures have limited our options.  I invited my mom and she wanted to join us.  So that’s exactly what we did – apple juice and bagel at Starbucks, mall play place, and pizza lunch in the food court.  The play place was a little crowded and I think W was a tad intimidated.  It didn’t occur to me that several kids probably had off of school, but we made the most of it.  After a busy morning, W was getting a bit cranky so we headed home for a nap.  After nap, W and I baked (pre-made) cookies, painted, did puzzles, read books, and played.  We had a great day together.  Confession: by the end of the day, I had run out of things to do.  This makes me think I wouldn’t be a very good stay at home mom – I’m terrible at coming up with ideas for activities.  We were all happy to see Da when he finally made it home.
I love that his eye color really comes out in this picture




Cookies and Starbucks - it doesn't get much better than that

Waiting for Da with my 3 babies. <3  My heart is full.

Wednesday, I was home with W again.  A had conferences, but only until 11 am.  W and I stayed in our pajamas all morning and did much of the same things as the previous day – trucks, baking, coloring, books, puzzles.  Nothing exciting, but we had fun.  That afternoon, we had friends stop over.  They were in town from Minnesota and it was great to see them and meet their baby girl.  Also worth noting, Addie was VERY well behaved!  I was shocked.  After giving them a tour of the house, we headed over to another friend’s house for some catching up and pizza!  We had a great time.  There were 4 little kiddos  - W, and three 8 month olds.  W was the only boy and I think he was feeling like a stud. ;)  He was so cute with all those girls – watching them, looking concerned when they made noise.  At one point, I asked if he could say hi to one of them.  He said hi and I swear he blew a kiss!  What a flirt!  I wished we could have stayed longer, but I was worried about W settling down and getting to bed on time – especially with Thanksgiving the following day.


Thanksgiving morning, W and A headed out on a “top secret mission” and returned home with Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks.  What a way to start the day!  We indulged in donuts and bagels while watching the Macy’s parade.  After that, W took a bath while A finished assembling W's toddler bed.  Side note: At one point, W absolutely hated baths.  He would cling to A or me throughout the entire bath, cry, and try to crawl out of the tub.  Now, I can’t get him out of the tub.  He takes 45 minute baths and cries when we take him out!!  Anyway, when he got out, he saw his new bed and was very excited. J  He took a nap in the bed and slept longer than expected.  We then headed to A’s parents’ house for Thanksgiving dinner.  We were the last to arrive due to W’s long nap and I was starving. J  My mom and brother were there too.  Thanksgiving dinner was delicious as usual and I got to meet my new nephew.  W ate SO MUCH.  He devoured that turkey and was the entertainment during dinner – calling out animal sounds when asked and repeating new words.  He was so much fun and well behaved (well, except for dropping red jello everywhere J).  He also looked really darn cute in his preppy outfit - if I do say so myself.  We had a great time with family and the day was a perfect reminder that we are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for.  W slept in his big boy bed for the first time that night and did amazingly well.  One perk to still rocking him to sleep is he doesn’t get out of his bed to play multiple times. ;)



Bow tie, Sperry's, cardigan... cuteness overload!

No comments:

Post a Comment