Wednesday, December 3, 2014

30 Weeks with Baby #2

How far along? 30 weeks!  Eek!  Into the 30's and single digit weeks left!!

Size?  Baby is the size of a cucumber.

Weight Gain?  I think about 25 lbs.

Gender? Baby boy!

Sleep?  Hit or miss.  Mostly miss lately.  Still uncomfortable and I toss and turn a lot.  I've been having strange dreams.  Last night I dreamed that I had the baby and he was really not cute.  Also, there's always a dog near on me. :P


Movement? Still lots of movement.  While doctor was listening to baby's heartbeat, baby gave him a giant kick.  Soccer star perhaps?

Food Cravings?  Nothing.

Labor signs? Too early.

What I Miss?  Even my maternity clothes are starting to get too small - what the heck?!?  Why wouldn't maternity clothes fit the entire 9 months??  I had to purchase a couple more tops because current ones didn't fit and I just could not fathom wearing the same things for the next 2 months.  A bit depressing.  I'm still carrying all in front.

Symptoms?  Still having some back pain and a bit more heartburn.  I still get tired easily and go to bed super early, but overall, I can't complain.

Happy or Moody?  Mostly happy and a tad moody!

Looking Forward To?  Filling baby's dresser with W's newborn clothes.  He had the cutest clothes and they're all in great condition.  Time to wash them up and organize.  I can't wait to look through all of them again.  W's birthday is less than 3 weeks away!  I go between being excited about it and dreading it.

Best Moment of the Week?  Oh, everything!  This is going to be lengthy...

Thanksgiving was fantastic.  Spending 6 whole days with W was wonderful.
The house is decorated for Christmas and looks so festive.  Our stockings arrived yesterday.  We've never had stockings before.  A put lights outside our house - the first time we've had an actual house to put lights on (lights on a townhouse weren't as much fun - not to mention a townhouse is too tall to light up).
Baby's room is really coming together.  The dresser and chair arrived yesterday and I'm in love.  I've gone way overboard choosing decor for the room.  Have you seen my mantle?  Clearly I get the decorating bug from my mom.
We had a 3D ultrasound yesterday.  I left feeling underwhelmed and disappointed that I spent a significant amount of money for 20 minutes of ultrasound time.  BUT when I got home I looked over the ultrasound pictures, thought about the appointment, and felt better.  I got to see baby sucking his thumb, moving about, and practice breathing.  Was it worth the price?  Probably not, but I do love the pictures we got and it was great to see our littlest man.

I think we officially have a name - as in first AND middle name!  The first name was my top choice and the middle name was A's top choice so it seems like a perfect compromise and I'm excited.  A asked me if I was sure about the name and I said no, I'll never be sure.  I was the same way with W.  But this is as close as I'll get to being sure.  And for the record, I love W's name - it just fits him and I'm sure I'll feel the same about this name.



No comments:

Post a Comment