Tuesday, December 16, 2014

32 Weeks with Baby #2

How far along? 32 weeks!  Appointments every 2 weeks now... it's starting to sink in that a baby will be here soon.

Size?  Baby is the size of a squash.

Weight Gain?  Not sure.  I have a doctor's appointment in a couple days.

Gender? Baby boy!

Sleep?  What's that?  Not sleeping well.  I can't get comfortable and toss and turn all night long, W gets up at 5am, etc.

Movement? Still lots of movement, but I think he's getting more cramped.  Lots of hiccups lately.  Both A and W have gotten to feel baby hiccups - although, I think W was confused and started fake hiccuping. :)

Food Cravings?  Nothing.

Labor signs? No.

What I Miss?  Well, sleep.  I'm really trying to enjoy these last few weeks since it's likely that this is my last pregnancy.  I do miss being able to keep up with W and having more energy.  And if I'm being totally honest and selfish, I miss having a glass of wine at events/parties (and there have been lots of those lately).  But all in all, I feel pretty good.

Symptoms?  Tired.  A little heartburn every so often, but I think it was much worse with W at this time.  W being breech may have had something to do with it, though I'm not really sure at what point he settled into a breech position.  The most notable new symptom is swelling.  Say it isn't so!  With W, my feet and ankles swelled up like balloons.  The nurses commented on my gigantic feet every time they came in my room.  I'm hoping it's not as bad this time around.  Also getting a few more leg cramps and sciatic pain.
Lately, EVERYONE has something to say about my pregnancy.  Strangers approach me to ask about my due date and baby's gender.  For someone who doesn't really like to be in the spotlight, it's a little awkward, but I know they all mean well.  It's also a little weird to me - I don't think I've ever talked to someone I didn't know about her pregnancy.  But then again, I'm not super outgoing.  I'm also getting the twins question once again along with "Christmas baby?", "Any day now?", "How much longer?", "WHAT... 2 more months?!?", "Must be a big baby.", "No baby, yet?" (DUH - does it LOOK like I had the baby?!?), and a host of other questions/comments that imply I'm enormous.

Happy or Moody? Ummm... neither?  Both?  I'm kind of in-between.  Happy, but a little overwhelmed by my growing to do list.

Looking Forward To?  Celebrating W turning 2!  Still can't believe that's happening.  We decided to have a small party in January, but Grandma G, Nani, and Papa are coming over this Saturday (W's actual birthday) to celebrate our boy. :)  Excited to have next week off and even more excited for Christmas!!  We haven't made much progress on the nursery lately, but I'm hoping to get more done since A and I will both be home next week.  Also looking forward to scheduling a c-section date at my next doctor's appointment.  It will be exciting to have a potential birth date!

Best Moment of the Week?  W adds new words everyday.  Latest words are: bed, move, and grandma.  I was so worried about his speech at one point - each new word is music to my ears and makes my mommy heart happy. :)

Thank you, A, for taking this picture at a flattering angle! ;)
Also, I realize no one cares, but I've been finding loose tops like the one above, which are non-maternity.  WIN!!  Excited I'll still be able to wear this after baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment