Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Thoughts

We’ve been doing Elf on the Shelf along with the rest of the world.  Our Elf (Crispin) never has any elaborate hiding spots or cute hobbies.  He just appears in various places around the first floor.  W loves trying to locate him, walking around saying “hmmm…” as he attempts to find Crispin.  When he does spot the elf, the sweetest grin spreads across W’s face.  It’s really adorable.  We didn’t read the book with W, assuming he was too young to understand.  And apparently A is not up to speed on his Elf knowledge, because he keeps touching Crispin.  Wait, that sounds bad.  But if you know the story, you know that the elf loses his magic if he is touched.  I know W is too young to understand, but I really want him to think that Crispin magically moves on his own.  You’re killing the magic, A!!

We went to Bonnie Brook for our Wednesday dinner.  We hadn’t been in awhile.  They had a prime rib buffet, which was yummy.  But the best part about going is how sweet everyone was to us.  Both staff and fellow diners stopped by to say hello to W.  A few asked about my due date and told me I looked great – very refreshing after constantly hearing how big I am!  Another man came over and told us that he loves seeing us at church and loves watching W grow.  Incredibly sweet.  I don’t expect W to behave all the time – he’s a toddler after all.  But I think he loves our Bonnie Brook dinners because he’s usually a really good boy.  And it doesn’t hurt that we never have to wait long for food – buffet for the win! J

We interviewed another candidate to fill in for me while I’m on maternity leave.  And it turns out, he currently works for the company I left when I accepted my current position.  Small world!  And also, he does some of the same work I was doing for the company.  Ironic!

I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday.  Today, I’m supposed to find out my c section date!!  Very excited to have an end date and potential birth date!  I asked A if he thought I’d have a VBAC or a c section and he said he had a feeling baby would arrive via c section.  I feel the exact same way.  But it’s just a feeling.  Time will tell.  I’m also measuring a little big – 34 weeks vs. 32.5… no surprise there.  But really, I’m not sure how accurate fundal height can be – everyone carries differently.

My sweet first born turns 2 tomorrow.  I’m already getting emotional.  I just can’t believe he’s already 2.  How has time flown by so fast??  He’s by far the best early Christmas gift I’ve ever received.


I’m so looking forward to this week – W’s birthday, Christmas, no work, family, and friends.  It doesn’t get much better than that!  And I’m so excited to experience this Christmas with W!!  He’s at such a fun age!  Ahhhh… I can’t wait!!!


With that, I’m off work until December 29.  Not sure how many (if any) posts I’ll have so Happy Holidays to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment