Tuesday, December 23, 2014

W Turns 2

(Written on December 20)

Dear W,
Happy 2nd birthday, sweet little man. How? How did we get here? I’ve often heard parents talk about how fast their children grow up and I’d roll my eyes. But you know what? They’re right. And I get it now. The first year seemed to fly by, but that was nothing compared to this year. You seemed to go from baby to independent little boy overnight.
What a year we’ve had! You literally went from taking baby steps to full on sprint (and you are FAST), from saying a couple words here and there to an expanded vocabulary, from sleeping in a crib to sleeping in a big boy bed. You’re suddenly identifying and saying numbers, colors, and letters. You started school, started gym class, and participated in many new activities. You’ve begun to grab our hands and lead us wherever it is you want us to go and it might just be my favorite thing ever. You have all your molars, you have really big feet, you have one heck of an arm (Da is already alerting the baseball scouts), and your hair has many admirers. We’ve gone on trips, moved into a new house, and soon you’ll be a big brother. And you know what? You’ve handled each big step, each new adventure incredibly well (certainly better than your mom). I’m constantly amazed by you and how much you’ve learned and grown in a short time.
I hope you have the happiest of birthdays. And just remember, no matter how much you grow and how big you get, you’ll always be my first baby. Da and I love you so much. You are our everything and more, little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment