Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Thoughts

I think the last time I mentioned that W was sleeping better, it all went downhill really quickly.  So I’m not going to say anything.  But for the record, sleep hasn’t been horrible lately.

I’m not sure if I ever documented this so in case I didn’t, one of my favorite moments EVER happened a couple weeks ago.  W, A, Addie, and I were on our way to the park.  As we were walking down the sidewalk, W reached up and grabbed my hand.  It was incredibly sweet.  Definitely one of my top mom moments.

We don’t have anything planned this weekend and I’m really excited about that.  It’s supposed to be cold so I’ve been thinking about what to make for dinners.  Right now, chicken noodle soup, cheeseburger pie, and enchiladas are planned.  Yum!  I’m also considering purchasing W’s big boy bed this weekend.  I’ve heard horror stories about the transition from crib to bed – I’m hoping for the best.  W’s not a great sleeper anyway, so I figure it can’t get much worse. J

I have jury duty this coming week.  At first I was annoyed and dreading it.  I know it’s my civic duty, but I just kept thinking about missing work and having to pee constantly while serving (ha!).  But now, I’m actually kind of looking forward to a little break from work.  I’m still hoping I don’t get picked as a juror.  I just don’t like the thought of deciding someone’s fate and I don’t think I could handle any violent crimes (which is probably unlikely since this is not a federal courthouse, but I have no idea?).  Who knows, maybe I’ll find the whole process fascinating.

I created a registry for Baby #2 and had a blast choosing items.  We had three showers for W and our friends and family were far too generous.  I’m definitely not expecting anything this time around.  But I thought it would be nice to have an organized list of items we need and mainly, I wanted the registry discount. J  Some of the items on the registry are excluded on store coupons so I’m excited about that discount!

Work has decided they’ll hire a temporary employee to help while I’m on maternity leave.  I’m flattered, I think?  I believe work will be just fine without me and I’ve assured them I’ll check email every so often while I’m out.  I’m not supposed to do any work while on leave (strict HR rules), but honestly, keeping up with emails makes me feel human and prevents me from being way behind when I do return to work.  I’m also hoping to return sooner this time around, but part time.  I’ll still be taking my full FMLA leave of 12 weeks, but it will be stretched out a bit more and then I’ll return to full time.  That’s what I’m hoping, but not sure if work will be on board with that plan.  When I originally brought it up with my boss, she was fine with it, but I haven’t approached the subject with HR yet.

My lower back has been killing me the past couple days.  Not sure if it’s the chair I sit in at work or what, but oh my gosh… serious pain when I walk. L

I think I’ve snapped out of feeling self-conscious about my baby bump.  But I also think I’m going to start keeping track of the silly things people say to me.  This week it was, “So are you counting down the days?”  Me: “Until baby?”  Guy: “Yes.  Soon, right?”  Me:  “Yeah, 3 months…” J  Also this week: Multiple Coworkers (3 times in one day), “So when is your last day?”  Me: “Not sure, baby hasn’t told me his plans yet.  How rude.  ETA TBD.”  In reality, I worked until 38 weeks, 5 days with W and hope to work as long as possible with #2.  I prefer to use maternity leave when baby is actually here and not before.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment