Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Thoughts

Happy Friday!!  Happy Mother’s Day!  And if you’re still waiting for your miracle baby, don’t give up hope.

W has been entertaining as always.  He loves talking on the phone.  But not just any phone – the house phone.  We use our home phone so infrequently, I don’t even know our phone number so I guess it’s great that someone appreciates it.  Yesterday, W got so excited while talking on the phone, he fell over and in the process, disconnected it.  His chat with Nani Wednesday made me laugh hysterically.  A few highlights:

Nani:  It’s garbage night for me.  I took out the garbage cans.
W: Oh!  I thought Papa would do that.

W:  I had soup for lunch – chicken and stars!
Nani:  I had soup too!  Corn chowder.
W:  Corn powder?!?  I don’t know about that!

Yesterday, I had to take W to the eye doctor for a follow up appointment.  He’s been battling a cold and I knew he was tired.  He had a little meltdown before leaving the house and I sympathized.  I would rather stay home and lay on the couch too.  But once we got to the eye doctor, he did amazing.  The assistant asked him to play the matching game, basically matching letters.  Well, W didn’t need to match the letters because he knows all of them and could name each one the assistant pointed to.  The assistant was so impressed.  She turned to me and whispered, “I have several 5 year olds who come in and don’t know letters.”  Super proud.  And super impressed with the staff there.  They're always so great with W.  I got so many compliments on how beautiful his hair was, how smart he was, how handsome he was, how well behaved he was, and even how cute my shirt was – I’m telling you, if you need a confidence boost, pay a visit to W’s eye doctor. ;)  He ended the appointment by getting to choose a toy from the treasure chest.

W starts soccer tomorrow.  Will he participate?  Will it be a total disaster?  Time will tell...

My Mother’s Day is off to a great start.  When I picked up W from preschool yesterday, he gave me a little hand print and poem and told me it was for Mother’s Day.  Aww… his little pictures never get old.  I love them.  And I’m so impressed that he told me it was for Mother’s Day.  The picture was adorable, but the best part was when W said, “Mommy, there wasn’t any red paint.”  He knows red is my favorite color, but he had to settle for green paint.  So sweet!


This morning, I came into work to find that the guys had brought in bagels, donuts, juice, and flowers for all the moms.  So kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment