Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Stitch Fix #8

Stitch Fix #8 has arrived!  Woohoo!  It was another great fix… Unfortunately, the photos – not so great…  Have I mentioned that my boys are total opposites?  W sees a camera and runs the other direction.  S sees a camera and runs to be in the photo…

First up, the Brixon Ivy Rolfe Knit Back Top.  If you’ve seen any of my previous fixes, you know I have a love for floral patterns and loose tops.  This top had fun, bright colors and it was so comfortable.  What’s not to love?  I also thought I could dress it up a bit with black pants or wear it with jeans.  I’m not usually comfortable in sleeveless tops so I added a bright cardigan.  A perfect work outfit.  KEPT

Mommmyyyy.... pick me uppppp!!  I wanna cheese!!

That's better!  Cheese!
Next, I tried on the 41 Hawthorne Moni Geo Print & Camisole Blouse.  I was impressed that this came with its own cami… and then quickly learned I was not a fan of said cami.  It was way too short and just didn’t fit me well at all (which is typical and also why I buy camisoles in ‘tall’ sizes).  So I added my own camisole and really liked the blouse.  You can’t tell from the photo, but it’s actually a navy blue pattern on a light mint green.  A didn’t love the grommets on this one, but I thought they were a fun little detail.  Another great work top.  KEPT



Next up were the mint green Just Black Adorra Skinny Jeans.  I really wanted to love these.  I even had them pinned to my Pinterest board.  They definitely took me out of my comfort zone of dark jeans and black pants.  Unfortunately, these just weren’t flattering on me and I had trouble figuring out what to pair them with (as you can see).  The style card suggested they’d look great with the 41 Hawthorne Geo Print top and I agree, but I wanted to find additional tops in my closet that would work.  In the end, I just didn’t love these.  RETURN

That would be S trying to set off the carbon monoxide detector.  This outfit gets a nope.

Better, but still not loving it.

Best.  And my cell phone totally matches my top... heyyy.
The Adrianna Papell Janett V-Neck Dress was another piece that I wanted to love, but it just wasn’t working for me.  The color was beautiful, but the dress was a bit too “fancy” for playing with the boys.  It was also a bit low cut and I felt like the dress just didn’t fit me well overall.  This also had an asymmetrical skirt, which really isn’t my style.  RETURN


Oh, hey laundry basket.  If I've learned anything from these photos, it's that I need to clean up first.

Finally, the Gilli Haven Textured Knit Dress.  This was A’s favorite.  Again, I didn’t feel like this was super flattering.  Since I’ve stopped nursing, I’ve gained weight and after a 10 pound baby, my tummy will never be what it once was.  I prefer dresses that hit at the natural waist and this one was hitting me just a little lower.  I’m also relatively conservative with my clothes and prefer dresses that come to the knee.  This fell just above that.  Overall, I thought it was really cute and liked it paired with the jean jacket from my previous fix.  I decided to think about this one a little longer and tried the dress on again.  After the second try on, I realized that I did in fact really like this and it was more flattering than I initially realized. (Sorry – that was a very lengthy explanation)  KEPT


Are you taking a photo without me??  Waaaiit!!

Cheese! :)  And yes, he's wearing two different socks - he's very fashion forward.

I continue to be very impressed with Stitch Fix!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment