Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekend Recap

I am dragging this morning.  I suppose that’s the sign of a good weekend.

Saturday started with W’s first soccer practice (if that’s what you even call it).  A and I want to give W more opportunities to develop his social skills.  I asked W if he wanted to do soccer and he said yes, even though he really didn’t know much about it.  Leading up to his first lesson, he was a bit apprehensive and wanted to know if A and I would be there.  I assured him that we would be, but also explained that he’d have a coach, who would be like his teacher and that mommy and daddy were there to watch and cheer him on.  I wasn’t sure if he’d even participate.

Things started off great!!  He sat with the other kids and listened to his coach.  Well, I take that back.  I’m not sure how much listening he was doing.  But he sat with the other kids.  He participated in some of the exercises and “trapped” the ball.  I was SO excited to see him PARTICIPATING.  But then when it came time for the scoring drills and the scrimmage, he was done.  He kind of just stood in the field and did his own thing while the other kids ran after the ball.  Afterwards, I told him that I was SO proud of him for playing and for trying something new.  And he told me that he didn’t want to play soccer anymore.  Sigh.




I was a bit disappointed.  A asked me what was wrong and I told him that I wished we could find SOMETHING (other than watching garbage trucks and playing with the garbage can) that W enjoyed doing.  My wise husband told me we had plenty of time; that perhaps athletics weren’t W’s “thing” or maybe team sports just weren’t his thing, that our job was to provide him with the opportunity to experience new activities.  He’s so right.  We’ll finish out the 4 more weeks of this particular soccer class, but definitely won’t push him into playing beyond that.  I also think hunger had something to do with W's disinterest.




After soccer, we went out for lunch, took a walk, and played outside.

Sunday was perfect.  Well, S decided to wake up at 5:30am, but other than that, it was perfect.  I came downstairs to find gourmet taffy apples, truffles, cards, and a bottle of wine, which is the best gift ever.  W also answered a questionnaire about me...

My mom is 6 years old.
My mom’s favorite food is: SALAD
My mom always says: I LOVE YOU
My mom cooks the best: RAMEN FOR ME (my culinary skills are amazing obviously)
My mom laughs when: I’M TOOTING (such a boy)
My mom and I like to: LAY TOGETHER (I lay with him until he falls asleep and we always have the best conversations before bed… aww)
My mom really loves: W!
I love my mom because: I LOVE HER



This was one of the best gifts I’ve EVER received.  My boy knows he’s loved and that makes me the happiest mom in the world.  I asked if A could do one of these every year. J

We went to church and then brunch with Nani, Papa, and my mom.  I ate way too much food.  Once we got home, we played outside, went to the park, and watched the Cubs sweep the Nationals.  The weather was just beautiful.  We ended the day with a walk.  It was an absolutely perfect Mother’s Day.  Possibly my favorite one yet.  So thankful for my family and so blessed to have these boys in my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment