Monday, September 12, 2016

Full Circle

Today, my company announced an acquisition.  And with that acquisition, came new drug products.  One of which happens to be a medication to treat infections that are the result of pseudomonas aeruginosa, a common bacteria found in people with cystic fibrosis.  The drug is approved in Europe and Canada.  Still, MY company will produce a CF drug.


When I graduated from college with a degree in Chemistry, I had no idea what my path would be or where it would lead.  Somehow, I ended up here.  In a job that nearly didn’t happen.  I wasn’t looking.  A friend called to tell me about the company and a job he thought I would be a good fit for.  I interviewed.  I didn’t get the job.  But one of the directors I interviewed with thought I would be perfect for another opening and so I was asked to come in and interview again.  I almost declined.  But something made me return.  Fate.  And now I work for a company that makes a CF drug.  Granted it isn’t a blockbuster drug by any means.  It isn’t a cure or even a treatment for CF.  But it is a drug to treat pulmonary infections in those with CF.  And maybe this is just the beginning.  Maybe I can help my husband in some way.  

I don’t know what the future holds, but I do know I am exactly where I’m meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment