Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Weekend Recap

I came down with the boys’ cold and couldn’t even find the energy to write my usual weekly recap yesterday.  Because I’m a little OCD and it would bother me to not have a weekly recap, I’m going to do a brief summary.

Saturday was incredibly busy.  We went grocery shopping in the morning and then it was off to the baptism of our friends’ youngest daughter.  The ceremony was really nice and baby Mari looked beautiful in her gown.  The boys were great during church and looked so cute in their button down shirts.





From there, it was off to dinner with the parents of one of W’s preschool classmates.  I mentioned that I was a little worried it would be awkward, but we had a great time.  The boys played well with Elena and Lily and we had fun talking to Kim and Manuel.  There was a trampoline at the house and the boys could not get enough of it.  I seriously thought S was going to fly off about 25 times, but he always flopped down before reaching the edge and laughed hysterically.  They had a blast.  I should also note that S did not nap both Friday and Saturday and fell asleep during dinner both times.  Hoping this nap strike is a temporary thing.

I also have to mention that my alma mater pulled an upset and defeated a Big 10 team.  I didn't get to watch since we had plans, but was very excited and so was S. ;)





All in all, it was a really great day filled with friends.  I suppose we should reciprocate and have Elena’s family over, which sounds like a great idea except for Addie and the fact that I’d have to cook.  Ugh.

Sunday was the usual.  Since it was the first weekend of football, I decided to get back in the routine of making snacks for the game followed by a big dinner.  I made some spinach, cheese, and bacon dip, which was really yummy and enchiladas for dinner.  S actually napped, which allowed me to cook.



And just like that, the weekend was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment