Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Recap and the end of summer


This is the week I dread every year.  The final week of summer vacation before A heads back to school.  But first things first…

We had an awesome weekend.  After feeling horrible on Thursday, I felt great on Friday.  So much so that I worked, cleaned, hung pictures, and attended a consignment sale.  It was amazing to have my energy back and I was going to take full advantage.  That night, A and I headed to the Melting Pot for my belated birthday dinner.  It’s my favorite restaurant and since we hadn’t been there in 2 years, it was even more fun/delicious/exciting.  Not to mention, we hardly ever go to dinner, just the two of us.  In fact, I can’t even remember the last time.  Anyway, it was delicious and I loved it.  The perfect birthday dinner.  Also, our waitress was fantastic.  I love you, Melting Pot. J

Saturday, I got a haircut and then we picked out a light fixture and shelving for the house.

Sunday was church, Starbucks, grocery shopping, and more work on the  house.  A rented a UHaul Van and emptied out our storage unit with the help of my mom.  A huge task checked off our to do list.  Downside was my love seat had water marks on it.  Not happy since we specifically paid for an indoor, temperature controlled unit so our furniture would be protected.  After scrubbing the cushion covers and washing them, they’re looking better, but still upset about this.  Oh, I also made a really yummy chicken and pasta dinner that night.  A nice ending to a great weekend.

We got so much done - I love that feeling of accomplishment and our house is looking better than ever. J

Now onto this week… The week I dread.  I’m spoiled during the summer.  A is home to care for W during the day, run errands as needed, and start dinner.  My mornings are much less hectic with A’s help.  It makes me smile every morning when A takes both Addie and W outside for a morning walk.  W often rides in his wagon, still wearing his pajamas, and brings along a sippy cup with juice and a ball (his equivalent of coffee and a newspaper).  It’s really cute.  They’re usually all getting started on breakfast when I leave for the day.

But all that comes to an end when A starts school.  I know it will be fine and we’ll get back into our busy routine, but the transition is always tough.  I’m trying to appreciate everything this week and enjoy every last bit of summer vacation.  I’m off to a bad start, though, because I forgot my computer this morning.  I got all the way to work only to realize my laptop was sitting on my bedside table.  Fail.  Luckily, A came to my rescue and dropped it off at work for me.  Another reminder of why it’s so nice to have him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment