Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Day in my Life

It’s been a long, exhausting week.  With A back at school, I knew it would be.  But I’ve also had Irish and German colleagues in town which means hours upon hours of meetings and extra-long work days.  Although the meetings have been very productive and my colleagues are great, I’m ready for the week to be over.  I’m just physically and mentally drained.  Here’s a little glimpse into an average day in my life…

5:15 ~ Wake up and drag myself out of bed to start getting ready for the day.

6-6:30 ~ W wakes up.  Give him some orange juice and try to continue getting ready while W pulls on my shirt, demands to be picked up every 5 minutes, and refuses to play with toys until it’s time to leave.  He also brings me various things that he knows are mine – hairbrushes, cell phone, rollers, shoes, makeup.  By this time, the bathroom is a mess. J

7-7:15 ~ Leave the house.

8-8:30 ~ Arrive at work.  My commute is between 45 minutes and 1 hour 15 minutes depending on traffic and if I drop off W.

8:30-5+ ~ Work. :P

6 ~ Arrive home and help get dinner on the table/prepare W’s dinner, eat, clean up.

7 ~ Play with W.  Usually books or flash cards.  He loves watching cell phone videos of himself so sometimes we do that too. J

7:30 ~ Hop in the shower (I’m weird and shower at night – no time to dry hair in the morning).

8 ~ Start getting W ready for bed which includes: diaper change, pajamas, sometimes a book, and bottle.  Yes, he still gets one bottle at bedtime – it’s part of our routine and considering his inconsistent sleep, I’m afraid to  change it.

8:30 ~ A gives W his bottle while I make my lunch, pick up toys, blow dry my hair.

9:15 ~ Maybe get about 15 minutes to check email, Facebook.

9:30 ~ Start getting ready for bed.

Yeah, I’m worn out.  Is this a typical schedule because I feel like other people have some down time?  I can't even tell you the last time I watched a tv show and I think it's been years since I've seen a movie.  And don’t get me started on Tuesday.  I had a work dinner so I was gone from 7am-10pm.  I need a vacation… and I miss caffeine.

As I was trying to figure out how I was going to get ready for work and entertain a toddler at the same time, W wandered off to his room.  He was too quiet so I went to check on him and found him reading.  Melt my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment