Monday, August 19, 2013

Sayonara Summer


I am lacking all motivation today.  Hubs returned to work, which means summer break is over.  Boo.  I am very excited for fall – my most favorite season.  Pumpkins, cooler temps, corn mazes, apple cider, football, the list goes on… BUT I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer.  No more swim classes, zoo trips, working from home every Friday, and lunch dates with my boys.  Life becomes a lot more hectic again.  Now it’s back to washing bottles every night, preparing bottles for the following day, rushing to get dinner on the table, packing up the diaper bag, and driving baby W to his grandma’s house a couple mornings each week.  Not to mention traffic becomes a heck of a lot worse with the addition of school busses, teachers, and parents back on the road… ugghhh!!  We’re extremely lucky that we both have jobs we enjoy and moms who look after our baby so we can work.  Incredibly, extraordinarily lucky.  And I am very grateful for that.  But right now, I just want to mourn the end of summer.  Excuse me while I sulk…

No comments:

Post a Comment