Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Roller Coaster... Of Love...


A and I met during the summer of 2003.  We both worked at a local theme park.  A had recently graduated from college and the theme park management job served as a source of income until he figured out what he really wanted to do.  I was working there to earn some cash before heading back to college to complete my final semester.  Even more pathetic, we met in a store called Totally Tweety.  I know what you’re thinking… it doesn’t get more romantic than that!  A introduced himself and informed me when the morning meeting would take place that day.

As the summer progressed, A pursued “parade girl” and “games chick” while I went on first dates with “ring guy” and possibly a few others that I have blocked from memory.  I got to know A as a friend and enjoyed spending time with him.  We often teased each other about our colleges and argued over which one was better/more fun/superior (mine obviously).  I was happy when he unexpectedly popped into a store I was working in and enjoyed going to after work outings he also attended.  A mutual friend suggested I date A and I laughed it off.  A was my boss and I was heading back to school soon.  Later in the summer I told my friend, Katie, about my cute boss.  I suggested she date him because they both loved the Simpsons (a show I despise).  I introduced her to A and quickly realized that I didn’t want her to date him because I actually had feelings for him.  I’m not sure why it took me so long to realize that.  Luckily Katie noticed our chemistry and mentioned she thought that A was interested in me.  Apparently A lit up when he saw me as I approached to introduce him to Katie.  I’m not sure if that was actually true, but I’d like to think it was.  Unbeknownst to me, a friend of A’s had wanted to ask me out.  A told him that he was interested in me and working on getting to know me.  Basically, he told his friend to back off. ;)  After all that, you’d think we’d be dating by summer’s end, but no…. I headed back to school single and A remained at lame Midwestern theme park.  To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment