Thursday, March 6, 2014

Almost Friday


This has been a rough week.  Tuesday brought a fall down the stairs and W puking.  Wednesday brought snow and a 1 hour 40 minute drive to work.  We also learned that A’s aunt passed away.  Today brought 3 hours of sleep and a miserable little man (and sleep deprived parents).  I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling really down.  But I’m trying to find the glimmers of hope in this difficult week…

Tuesday got off to a horrendous start, but that night, we went to a show by Pete the Cat author Eric Litwin.  W LOVES Pete the Cat.  I think I’ve mentioned that before.  He brings grandmas, A, and myself Pete the Cat about 239573 times per day.  And we read it 239573 times per day.  I think W enjoyed singing songs and hearing stories, though he fell asleep in the middle of the show.

Despite the sleepless night, W woke up this morning happy and in good spirits.  Watching him play and seeing his sweet face first thing in the morning always makes me smile. 

I had planned to work from home today.  That couldn’t have come at a better time.  I’m always thankful for a break from my commute and I’m sure my coworkers are thankful they didn’t have to see the dark circles under my eyes. 

I also planned lunch with an old friend.  I worked with her years ago and I think it’s been at least 5 years since I’ve seen her – probably longer.  Our lives have led us separate ways, but she recently moved back to the area.  It was wonderful to see her and so good for my soul.  I’ve been feeling pretty sorry for myself in the friend arena lately and this was just what I needed.  Reconnecting with a sweet person who brings no drama or reminders of friendships gone bad.  Someone with a good heart and kind words.  I loved catching up with her.

One more day to get through.  Here’s hoping it ends on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment