Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts


Things on my mind lately:
 

1.       Will it ever warm up?  Will it ever be summer?  Logically, I know it HAS to get warmer, but it certainly doesn’t feel that way.

2.       W has been hitting lately and I have no idea how to stop it.  He does it out of frustration.  He hates getting his diaper changed.  He’s irritable when he’s tired.  He gets very frustrated when he can’t communicate.  Combine these and you get the perfect storm of hitting, throwing, melt down.  I can tolerate the throwing – so long as no one gets hit by a flying object.  I can tolerate the tantrum.  To date, this only happens in our house.  I let him lay on the floor and do his thing until he calms down.  I also try to talk to him in a soothing voice – “I’m sorry you’re upset…”.  But the hitting – I can’t stand the hitting.  Uggh.  Not acceptable.

3.       I’ve seen lots of posts on baby must haves and favorite baby items.  Well, allow me to tell you about my LEAST favorite baby item.  I knew I wanted a video monitor.  Yes, W’s room is very close to ours.  But I’m also a first time, paranoid mom.  I wanted to be able to look in on W and make sure all was well.  I also wanted to be able to watch him if he woke up at night – sometimes he cries and settles himself quickly; other times not so much.  Anyway, I did my research on baby monitors.  After reading reviews in Baby Bargains and online, I decided on the Samsung Smart View Baby monitor.  Samsung is a reputable brand in my book and I had high hopes for a high quality product.  I HATE this thing with a passion.  I have threatened to throw it out the window, told it to shut up on numerous occasions, and sworn at it.  Why you might ask?  Because it vibrates any time W makes noise.  I have no idea why – any time he cries, I can HEAR it through the monitor.  And this is no subtle vibration, it’s enough to make the monitor vibrate right off my night stand.  And the best part, there is NO way to turn off the vibration.  Your options are either vibrate like a jack hammer or listen to an annoying beep.  Why, why, why would you need an alarm when you can clearly hear baby crying through the monitor?!?!  It also frequently beeps and shows out of range.  What?!?  I can’t wait to get rid of this thing.  The only reason I haven’t is because that damn thing cost $200.00.  I’ve Googled solutions and it seems everyone has similar complaints.  Not sure how I missed all these while I was researching?!?  Only thing I can think of is the monitor was new and didn’t have many reviews yet?  I expect better from you, Samsung!!! So annoyed.

4.       This morning I woke up with a headache – I’ve had said headache for two days.  W then woke up at 5:30 am.  I tried to quietly sneak down the stairs - in the dark - in an attempt to retrieve his bottle and get him back to sleep.  I ended up falling down the stairs and only waking him up more as I thudded down each step.  Epic fail.  W drank his bottle and then puked all over a short time later.  Also, it snowed just enough to wreak havoc in the traffic department so I ended up arriving to work way later than I wanted to.  Yeah, it’s been a great morning.  Let’s hope things start looking up.  I could cry right now. L

No comments:

Post a Comment