Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Recap

Another weekend where we didn’t have any set plans.

Saturday, we headed over to meet our friends’ new babies – Evelyn and Angelina.  Oh my goodness, they are so cute and tiny.  W was never quite that tiny, but I don’t remember him being so little.  I actually looked back at old pictures of him and reminisced.  It occurred to me today that I don’t really remember much of those early days – they’re a bit of a blur.  I wish I had started the blog a little sooner so I could’ve captured those new baby moments – even if it was mainly feeding, sleeping, and diaper changing.  There’s just something about a brand new baby – so tiny, innocent, and fragile. J  Anyway, W stayed at my mom’s while A and I visited.  My mom reported that he loved her cats and loved looking out her large windows.  He had a great time.

Sunday was our usual routine and a St. Patrick’s Day dinner at my mom’s house.  We had corned beef, carrots, potatoes, bread, fruit, and oreo brownies for dessert.  It was delicious.  And this is too funny not to share… My mom doesn’t have a high chair.  So we channeled our inner MacGyver and stacked a couple pillows on a chair, set W on top, and tied him to the chair with a scarf.  Genius.  Also hilarious.  He really liked the corned beef and I was able to enjoy dinner without having to hold W. J

No comments:

Post a Comment