Thursday, March 27, 2014

House Situation

Well, after talking to my realtor friend, we’re left with more questions than answers.  The short answer is: it all depends.  I was anticipating that response.  A couple takeaways: We definitely don’t want to do a short sale.  Ideally we’d like to just sell our house and be done with it.  My friend is going to find out what our house is valued at.  I’m fairly certain it will be valued at less than what we owe.  If that’s the case, then renting is our best option.  But I don’t know anything about being a landlord and the whole process is very intimidating to me.

We’re not in a big hurry to move.  Heck, we’ve been in our house over 7 years.  But this house in our neighborhood seems perfect.  And although it’s probably best to wait and save up, I hate the thought of this house being sold to someone else.  They always say not to get attached… Uggh.  Once again my heart and my head are in different places.  I’m trying to have faith that everything happens for a reason and this will all work out for the best.

We’re going to attend an open house this weekend.  Maybe I’ll end up hating the house.  We shall see…

No comments:

Post a Comment