Wednesday, October 8, 2014

22 Weeks with Baby #2

How far along? 22 weeks!  Over the halfway point.  I can't believe how fast this is going.  Makes me nervous because there is lots to do!  I often catch my reflection and think, "I just can't believe this round of IVF worked.  I'm so thankful."

Size? Baby is the size of a papaya.

Maternity Clothes? Yes.

Weight Gain? About 15 pounds... eek!

Gender? Baby boy!

Sleep? I don't want to jinx it, but pretty good recently.  I think I'm finally over my cold!

Movement? Lots of movement everyday!  I don't remember W moving this much.  Baby has frequent dance parties. :)

Food Cravings? Still love those specialty drinks.  Not a craving, but I've had a couple work dinners recently and I do miss not being able to order a glass of wine or a cocktail - Sprite just doesn't seem as sophisticated. :)  (But I'd never have another drink for the rest of my life if it meant a healthy baby)

Labor signs? Way too early.

What I Miss? Chicago style hot dogs.

Symptoms?  I've had back spasms, sciatic pain, and shin splints the last few days.  Not sure if I really overdid it the past weekend or if my body is reacting to extra weight.  It's also getting harder to bend over.  Nothing I can't handle!

Happy or Moody?  Happy!!

Looking Forward To?  I'm taking this Friday off and so looking forward to spending the day with W.  I've been talking to the painter and hopefully painting the nursery will start soon.  I can't wait for it to come together.  Also excited about all things fall - corn mazes, farms, trick-or-treating, costumes... the list goes on and on.

Best Moment of the Week?  Lots... Love feeling so much movement - I laid in bed with my hand on my belly last night and felt baby moving all around. :)  W has been tons of fun lately and I think his cold is nearly gone (hoping!).  A had CF clinic yesterday and it went well.  A few major work projects are now complete and I'm much less stressed.  Phew!  I also told my boss I would NOT be traveling to a work meeting in Cincinnati in December and she was fine with it.  Happy she agrees!  Traveling at 8 month pregnant during the winter - no thanks!!

A special appearance from Addie dog for the 22 week photo!
Also, I think my belly looks much bigger than this photo portrays.

2 comments:

  1. Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one!
    It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same
    layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

    Also visit my web-site - sparta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am not so good at blog design/layout... I'm glad someone likes it! :)

      Delete