Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy 22 Months, W!!

As always, time is flying by and this month seemed to go by exceptionally fast.  I know I say that every month, but I blinked and you turned 22 months old.  2 months away from 2 years old… oh my!

We had a really great, really busy month.  You started school, visited local farms, and went to a corn maze.  You still attend gym class and often visit the library and farmer’s market with Nani.

You were sleeping better until last week when you woke up 6 nights in a row.  I can’t even recall a previous time when you woke up so many consecutive nights.  We’re used to 2 nights in a row every so often, but not 6!  Last night you took pity on us and slept through the night – even sleeping in!  Thank you for that!

You’ve suddenly grown really attached to your blankies.  I’ve used the Aden and Anais muslin swaddle blankets since you were born.  I love that they’re large, really thin, and soft.  Lately, you snuggle with them, ask for them, and carry them around.

You’ve been really interested in letters and the alphabet and I’ve tried to encourage/further that interest.  You have two alphabet puzzles, magnets, flash cards, and bath letters.  We do the puzzles daily.  You know the letter O and a few others – possibly V, M, and D.  You love to point out the o's on signs, sweatshirts, etc., saying ohhhh.  You’re very good at completing your puzzles and I make sure to tell you each letter, the sound it makes, and something that begins with that letter.  Perhaps I’m overdoing it, but you keep showing interest.

You also know several colors – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.  You don’t say them, but if I ask you which object is a specific color, you usually get it right.

New words this month include knee, wall, door, and help.  You say Dee or Dee Dee quite often for Addie and also say Whoa! and Wow!  And we may have discovered that “dot-in” means curtain?  Still not sure?  I also think it’s really odd that you don’t say “hi”, “bye”, “yes”, or “no” and you hardly wave, but I suppose that’s just you and your personality.  You do give high fives and make an affirmative sound similar to “yeah” so there’s that.  You also say oh no.

Baths have NOT been going well.  You cling to me or Da as if you’re afraid.  I’m not sure what sparked that fear.  Actually, I have an idea and it involves poop in the tub, but I won’t go into detail on that.  The point is, baths are really difficult lately and I think I end up more soaked than you.  We purchased bath crayons in desperation and you actually enjoyed bath time last night.  You had so much fun coloring on the walls.  We’ll see if that continues.

You like to put on Da’s shoes.  You love to bring Ma her shoes and purse.  You’re acutely aware of what belongs to whom and often point at objects and identify their owner.  You also like to point out commonalities among us.  For instance, you’ll point to your eyes, then say Da and point to his eyes, then say Ma and point to my eyes, etc.  You still love to help around the house.

You started sitting on the potty and even had success.  I don’t think you’re ready to potty train and we certainly haven’t been consistent, but I wanted to get you used to the idea and familiar with the potty.

You’re OBSESSED with Daniel Tiger and watch it nearly every morning.  I think I’ve memorized episodes and songs.

One thing that I found exceptionally cute – your Da and I were playing with you in your room.  You started playing with your farm and picked up the cow.  You made him walk up the hay chute saying, “up, up, up” as you did, and then made him slide down, saying “dooown”.  You also made him moo along the way.  It was adorable.  I asked grandma G if she taught you that and she said no so you came up with that all on your own.

You’ve been pretend playing – making your farm animals eat hay… or eat your rug? and making goldfish crackers and pretzels dance on your tray.  You also make cars vroom.

You started going down the tall slides at the playground all by yourself.

We had to pick up some pumpkins over the weekend and I asked you to pick up a little one for baby brother and one for Addie.  You picked one out and Da told you to put it in the wagon.  You ran passed our wagon and put the pumpkin in another lady’s wagon.  I think she was quite surprised. J

You recently had an elderly lady come over and compliment your outfit at dinner and tell you that you looked like a little gentleman to which you replied, “whew!”.  I guess you had to be there, but it was hilarious.

You still love to be outside.  It’s your favorite thing and you cry and get angry every time we come in from playing.

I feel like you grew leaps and bounds this month.  You are our everything and more, little man.



I've posted lots of pictures this month so don't have many new ones to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment