Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Weekend Recap - Halloween Edition

So so much to update on!  This is going to be a really long post.

I was worried about how this weekend would turn out because we had so much planned.  I knew I might have to let go of my hopes for perfectly planned activities and Halloween festivities.  But things could not have gone better and the weekend was even more fun than I imagined.

Saturday started with W going to school and I heading to a doctor’s appointment.  A took W to school and it went great.  I was nervous about going to the doctor’s appointment alone.  I knew I was being ridiculous, but I had fears that something would be wrong and I’d have to hear bad news alone.  I  was scheduled to have another ultrasound because the tech couldn’t record all of baby’s measurements at my 20 week appointment due to baby’s position.  As the tech scanned over baby, he asked “So what was the concern at the last appointment?”.  Concern??  What concern??  I was specifically told not to worry, that this ultrasound was to record the measurements the first tech couldn’t.  So his question sent me into a minor panic.  During the ultrasound, baby was waving and we could see him drinking amniotic fluid.  I’d never seen anything like it – so cool.  Baby had also flipped and was head down.  After the ultrasound the tech told me I did well.  All I did was lay there?  He started to say something and then said, “I’ll just let the doctor tell you.”.  What??  Cue panic again.  I know I was being paranoid, but the tech didn’t help my nerves.  Everything was fine.  Baby is measuring slightly big, but nothing out of the ordinary.  I discussed the c-section vs. VBAC debate with my doctor for quite some time.  I don’t have to make a decision until much later, but he was interested in my thoughts.  Because I’ve had a c-section, I will not be induced and if I go past my due date, I will automatically have a c-section.  Right now, the plan is to schedule a c-section and if I go into labor naturally prior to that, then try for VBAC.  Of course, that could all change.  But that’s the plan for now.  And I’m at peace with that.  In a way, I feel like I’m not really making a decision and leaving it up to God and baby.  If I’m meant to have a VBAC, baby will come early.  If not, then I’m fine with a c-section.


That afternoon, we went to a Halloween parade and party in Nani and Papa’s neighborhood.  W was SO cute in his fireman costume.  I think A and I definitely redeemed ourselves after last year’s costume.  Best of all, a fire truck and ambulance came to the party.  W was mesmerized by the site of them and the firemen were so cute with W.  They of course loved W’s costume and had him try on their boots, sit in the ambulance, and sit in the driver’s seat of the fire truck.  I took lots of pictures, but most are on my camera.  Here are a couple phone pics…



After a fun party and park time, we headed to Nani and Papa’s house for dinner with W’s cousins.  Yum!!

Sunday was church.  W shared goldfish crackers with Kaylee and Ben.  And before we knew it, it was time for trick-or-treating!  I brought W to Grandma G’s house where he got some goodies and visited with the cats.  We also visited Grandma G’s neighbor, Miss Joan, where W got bath toys and candy.  I should mention that W got treat bags from both grandmas, my boss, and Miss Joan… lucky boy!  After that, we headed home so W could trick-or-treat in our neighborhood with A.  I had low expectations – W is a bit shy and I didn’t expect him to walk up to our neighbor’s houses.  But A said that he did great, even rang doorbells!  W also insisted on stopping at the park mid trick-or-treat outing.  All in all, we had so much fun.  The weather was gorgeous – low 70’s.  I can’t remember a nicer Halloween.



And last but not least, A and I celebrated our 7th anniversary yesterday.  I can’t believe it’s been 7 years!!  I can’t believe how much has happened in 7 years!!



And finally, W has not napped the past two days.  Is this the end of naps?!?!  Noooo….  On the bright side, he has slept through the night.  We’ll see what happens…

No comments:

Post a Comment