Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday!!

Happy Halloween!!

I always thought it was a little strange that my town and surrounding cities have trick-or-treating on the Sunday before Halloween.  It actually works out pretty well – there’s no rushing home from work to pass out candy and kids aren’t outside at night.  This year, temperatures were in the 70s for our trick-or-treating.  The weather was gorgeous.  And today it snowed.  I usually get excited about the first snow – you know, when it occurs late November or in December.  But I can’t get excited about October snow.  Very thankful our trick-o-treating occurred early!  Also, going from 70s to 30s in a matter of days... only in Chicago! :P

My boss brought in breakfast treats this morning – bagels, donuts, and muffins.  I had half of a pumpkin pie donut.  Amazing.  Pumpkin pie donut for the win!!!  It made my day. :)  Also, I keep referring to him as "my boss" and he's not.  But he used to be.  So I'll forever think of him as my boss.

Office shenanigans are keeping me laughing nonstop today.  One of my coworkers is leaving and his last day is today.  For Halloween, he wore a shirt with an X on the front and back.  I asked what he was.  His response – an ex-employee… haha!  Another coworker accidentally ate a boss’s coveted long john donut and won’t live it down.  And finally, one of my coworkers had a cyst removed and has had a band aid on his head.  Another coworker is walking around with a post-it note on her head saying that she’s him for Halloween.  So now that I’m writing these down, they don’t seem funny at all.  Trust me, they were.  Guess you had to be there.

W has another cold.  His third one in about 2 months.  It makes me sad and three colds in 2 months seems ridiculous.  Luckily his colds haven’t turned into anything worse (yet), but I’m worried about what the winter will bring. L  I’m thinking about starting vitamins and/or PediaSure.  Anything to keep the colds away!

This weekend, I’m working at an auction to benefit athletics at the high school I went to.  My high school is probably the worst performing in our county and might even be considered as a school for the “underprivileged”.  I hate that word.  I’m proud of who I am, where I came from, and what I’ve accomplished.  I’m excited about giving a little back to the community even if it’s in a very small way.  I also think athletics are so important for high schoolers - team work, camaraderie, responsibility, dedication, and time management (to name a few) are all important aspects of participating in sports.  Not to mention, sometimes kids just need something to do, an alternative to “hanging out” and watching tv.


That’s all I’ve got.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment