Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend Recap

We had such a busy weekend and for the most part, it was really great!!

Last week, I came down with a cold.  Boo.  Friday, I felt terrible and slept most of the day away.  I got a break from the important work situation I've been involved in and worked from home part of the day.  I was really disappointed because I knew we had so much planned for Saturday.  I hoped the extra rest and all the liquids I was drinking would help me feel better fast.

I did feel a little better on Saturday so it was off to my doctor’s appointment first thing in the morning.  A and W joined me.  I had my 20 week ultrasound.  W cried a bit – I think he was concerned about mommy laying on the table in the dark room.  But after some reassurance and a cookie, he was fine.  At the ultrasound, we learned that baby #2 is breech.  My babies love to be right side up!  There’s still plenty of time for baby to turn.  But as a result of the position and despite several attempts from me to roll from one side to another, the technician couldn’t get all the measurements she needed.  So far, everything looks great and I’ll have another ultrasound in 4 weeks to check position and obtain remaining measurements.  Baby is definitely a boy and currently weighs about 14 oz!!  And he looks adorable in his ultrasound picture. ;)

A and W drove separately because W had his first day of school.  I was worried that my doctor appointment would run long and I wouldn’t be able to attend.  I was also worried I’d be too sick to go.  But my appointment ended right on time and I just couldn’t imagine missing W’s first day.  It was so important to me to be there.  So I went with plenty of hand sanitizer and Kleenex on hand.  I was careful and stayed away from the other children.  And it made me so happy to experience W’s first day with him.  He did great.  He played with tools, cars, and the sandbox.  He helped clean up.  He sat in a circle and sang songs – well, he listened to everyone else sing songs. J  And he finished class playing outside.  I’m so proud of him. J

We headed home for some lunch and a nap.  Later that day, we decided to head to a local farm.  W LOVED the animals.  He laughed as the cow mooed at him and chased the roosters.  He fed a goat and even went on a pony ride.  Then, he threw a fit when it was time to leave.  We’ll definitely go back – everything was free except for the pony ride.  Can’t beat that!!

It was a fabulous day!

Sunday was our usual routine.  I absolutely love our church and Starbucks routine.  I love seeing the same friendly faces week after week.  I wasn’t feeling great – still battling a cold and still recovering from the day prior.  My Bears lost in a horrible football game.  But other than that it was a good day.

Then Sunday night, around 11 pm, W woke up and seemed miserable.  It sounded like he was congested and he continued to cry.  I felt bad for him and brought him back to bed with me, but was worried my coughing would keep him up (I ALWAYS get bad coughs with colds).  He’d fall asleep for a couple minutes and then cry.  We gave him some Infant's Motrin and he eventually fell asleep laying on top of me.  I woke up around 1 am completely stuck.  I tapped A, who tried to pick up W, but had trouble.  The kiddo was practically glued to me. J  So picture a pregnant lady essentially trying to do a sit up with a 30 pound toddler laying on top of her.  It wasn't pretty and if I wasn’t concentrating so hard on not waking W, I think I would have burst out laughing.  Not sure what’s bothering my boy, but I’m praying he’s not coming down with yet another cold.  Time will tell.  Also, I don’t think I coughed the entire time W was with me, but as soon as I got back to bed, major coughing attack.  He’s good for my health.

So all in all, it was a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment