Friday, September 26, 2014

Fertility Friday

Blogging amateur here.  I've never actually participated in a link up.  I've never even considered it (and I'm probably doing something wrong :)).  But I recently discovered Jessah's blog Dreaming of Dimples.  I love the blog and love Jessah's positivity.  Jessah is hosting a Fertility Friday Link Up and I just so happened to have a draft post sitting around so I figured, "Why not?".  My thoughts...




Almost a year ago, I lost friends due to infertility.  I explained that story in a couple of blog posts here and here.  Basically, I was fortunate enough to have a successful pregnancy after IVF round 2 and that resulted in my perfect baby boy.  These “friends”, however, were still in the trenches of IVF and couldn’t continue a friendship with me for various reasons.  It still hurts sometimes.  Not so much because they couldn’t continue to be friends with me, but because of the really hurtful things that were said to me/about me.  And even worse, the fact that those hurtful things were just ignored/forgotten by other friends.  Friends who I thought would come to my defense or reach out to me privately didn’t do so.  Ouch.  But recently, I’ve had two friends affected by infertility.  Two friends who have reached out to me with countless questions, asking for advice, wanting my opinions.  I’ve enjoyed sharing my experiences and thoughts (while reminding them that each person’s situation is different and these are simply MY views and experiences) and I know they’ve really appreciated having someone to talk to who’s been through it all.  In some weird way, it makes up for losing friends.  My infertility story may have had a negative impact on some, but it also helped others.  It seems as though the situation has come full circle and I'll always be supportive of those who are struggling.  I eventually found success, but that doesn't mean I forgot about the heartache and despair that comes with infertility.

1 comment:

  1. Friendships are so hard to maintain during infertility! Great post and thanks for linking up. Hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete