Tuesday, January 13, 2015

36 Weeks with Baby #2

How far along? 36 weeks!  We're just over 3 weeks away from baby's debut.  Crazy!

Size?  Baby is the size of a honeydew melon.

Weight Gain?  Not sure.  My guess would be 35 pounds.  I'm ok with that.

Gender? Baby boy!

Sleep?  Still not sleeping well.

Movement?  Still moving quite a bit, but he's definitely running out of room.  None of the sharp, quick movements I was once experiencing.

Food Cravings?  Nada.  I wish I had some interesting cravings.

Labor signs?  I've been having more Braxton Hicks contractions.  I'm not sure if baby dropped, but I seem to be breathing a little easier and I'm definitely feeling movements and strange pains lower.

What I Miss?  The usual.  I really miss being able to play with W on the floor for extended periods of time.  Also, getting up from the floor is nearly impossible.  And my clothes.  I even wore jeans to work on a Thursday... gasp!  I'm such a rebel.  I told my colleagues that I was no longer even trying to look cute and just wearing whatever still fits me.

Symptoms?  This is weird (and I'm totally jinxing myself), but I've actually been feeling pretty good.  I do get tired since I don't sleep well, but the PUPPP (Caladryl is my new best friend!!) and heartburn have improved.  I still have sciatic pain - especially while trying to sleep and my feet get sore, but overall, not bad.  Again, knocking on wood, crossing fingers, shouting jinx because now that I just typed that, I'm sure things will take a turn for the worst!  I did catch W's cold so that stinks, but from a pregnancy standpoint, I'm good.

Happy or Moody?  Mostly happy... This doesn't seem to fit any of the questions so I'm putting it here.  1.  I'm really afraid of my water breaking in public - or even worse, at work! :O  2.  I find it very amusing when men give me advice on child birth.  One told me that he thought a VBAC would be better... Ummm, ok.  In his defense he IS a doctor.  BUT not an obstetrician.  He's a colleague.  So really, he doesn't even see patients.  Regardless of title/qualifications, I'm having a hard time taking advice from someone who will never birth a child.  I've also heard a lot of stories that begin with, "My wife..."  Ok, but every woman, every situation is a little different.  3.  People have been telling me that since my first baby was a relatively easy baby, the second will be way more difficult.  Gee, thanks.  4.  No one asked if I was having twins this week... WINNING.  I was even asked if this is my first baby, which I interpret as I look young and not totally huge.  Ha! ;)

Looking Forward To?  Baby will be here in 3 weeks, 2 days.  Oh my gosh!  We REALLY need to finish the nursery.  He won't be sleeping in it right away, but if we don't finish now, it will never get done.

Best Moment of the Week?  W has always called me "Ma" and I loved it.  But this past week, I became "Mommy" and I might love that even more. <3  W has a nickname for his little brother and it's adorable. :)  W has been putting his doggie in the MamaRoo - also adorable.  I was asked to be my nephew's godmother and I'm so honored.  The only problem?  Baptism is scheduled for 2/1/15.  Not sure if I'll make it.  Last but not least, W ate macaroni and cheese on Sunday.  This won't seem like a big deal to well, anyone.  But W does NOT eat pasta.  Like the texture actually makes him gag dramatically.  He has always refused any type of pasta.  But Sunday, A and I were eating mac and cheese (obviously we wanted to end the week with a very classy meal) and W pointed to A's plate.  We weren't sure what he was asking for.  A gave him mac and cheese, he devoured it, and asked for more?!?!  WHAT?!?  Not sure if it was a one time thing?  Perhaps his way of apologizing for a not so stellar weekend?  Not sure.  I'm still in shock.


No comments:

Post a Comment