Monday, January 5, 2015

Back to Work and a Weekend Recap

Back to work today!  The holiday break definitely ended on a high note (except for W coming down with a cold).

New Year’s Day was very low key.  The only thing I can recall doing is going grocery shopping.  I’m sure there was lots of play time with W and lots of books read throughout the day.  Some days, I think we read at least 30 books – not that I’m complaining.

Friday, I had a doctor’s appointment.  My doctor gave me a couple suggestions on topicals to try for the PUPPP.  One of them (Caladryl) has been working pretty well (thankfully!).  He also said if the rash got any worse, he would prescribe something.  I hope it doesn’t come to that.  I try to avoid all medications while pregnant.  I know several are safe, it’s more of a psychological thing.  I’ve also done lots of Googling, looking for treatments.  I found a few women who swore by V8 juice and other acidic/citrus juices.  I tried the V8, but yuck.  I just couldn’t drink it.  Tomato juice is not my thing.  So I stocked up on orange juice and lemonade, but don’t think those have made any difference.  I also realize I’m lucky… some poor women get PUPPP all over their torso and on their legs.  Yikes. L

Anyway, I was 34 weeks, 3 days at my appointment and measured 35 weeks.  That’s right.  I’m measuring right on track!!  SO in your face to every single person who’s asked me if I’m having twins (I was asked twice just this past week).  After the appointment, we headed to Nani and Papa’s house.  Nani was very kind and watched W so A and I could have a little lunch date. J  After lunch, we headed home, cleaned up the house a bit, A did his vest, and we listened to another Serial podcast.  We picked W up and the rest of the night was uneventful.

Saturday, when we woke up, A and I both agreed that we had not slept well at all.  Addie decided to hop into bed with us and continued to move around all night.  I had every intention of staying in my pajamas all day, not bothering to do my hair or put on makeup.  It snowed a bit so we were all enjoying staying inside, playing with toys and reading.  However, around 1:30, I received an email offering tickets to the Chicago Bulls basketball game that night.  My company’s CEO has season tickets and every so often, when he can’t attend, he offers them to employees.  A is a huge sports fan and when I mentioned the tickets, he definitely wanted to go.  So after a phone call to my mom, a little make up, and some dry shampoo, we were ready to go! J We are so fortunate that our parents both live so close!  A and I could have taken W to the game, but he would have been up way passed his bed time.  Anyway, A and I had a blast!  The seats were amazing!!  The Bulls won in overtime.  So so much fun!!  We had such a great time and it was a perfect opportunity to spend time together -just the two of us, before we become a family of four. J

Sunday, W woke up early with a cold.  A brought him back to our bed and he slept another hour.  He seemed to be in a great mood after waking up a second time and was so excited to see that we had gotten a couple inches of snow overnight.  We decided to go to church since he didn’t seem to be feeling too poorly.  Church was fine.  W was extra cuddly and seemed to mainly want Ma, which was fine by me.  We headed to Starbucks after and W spit up. L  Poor guy.  But after that, he seemed to feel much better.  I was actually feeling great and decided to make chicken soup for lunch and Cajun pasta with sausage for dinner.  Even A liked both.

Such a great holiday weekend!  Now, poor W needs to get better.  He seems pretty miserable so I hope he kicks this cold quickly - and I hope it doesn't turn into anything worse.  We had a nice streak of healthy days.  And I’m happy he was healthy throughout the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment