Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Recap

I knew this weekend would be incredibly busy and it most certainly was!

Saturday started out early.  W was up around 5:30am.  He’s been sleeping until 6-6:30am lately – naturally, on the day A and I can “sleep in”, he’s up at the crack of dawn. J  Around 9:15am, W and A headed off to school while I headed to my doctor’s appointment.  From what I hear, school went great.  W played at all the stations and participated in activities.  My doctor’s appointment was relatively uneventful.  The doctor encouraged a c-section saying that he thought baby was going to be big.  Especially since W was 8 pounds, 9 ounces.  I’m still undecided.  Weekly appointments now!

After school, W was especially cranky.  Tired and hungry no doubt – always a very bad combo for W.  He fell asleep in the car for a couple minutes, but woke up when he and A arrived home.  Meanwhile, I headed out to get my hair cut.

I arrived home around 2:30pm and W still hadn’t gone down for a nap despite A’s best efforts.  Not good.  I knew he was tired and we had plans that evening.  I think W is moving towards no naps.  He only took naps 2 out of 5 days last (work) week.  Yikes.  Anyway, A was finally able to get him to sleep a little after 3pm.  Halleluiah!  Unfortunately, when he woke up around 4:30pm, W was very upset and continued to cry.  This happens relatively often.  I’m not sure why he has such a hard time waking from nap some days.

We headed to church around 5:15pm.  I was worried how W would handle it.  We never go to church on Saturday night and after such a rough wake up, I thought he might be cranky.  But to my surprise, he was perfect.  After church was the chili cook off.  Basically, there are about 10 different types of chili to try and a winner is selected.  My mom and I always enjoy the event, especially because I rarely eat chili (A doesn’t like it – no surprise there).  The only thing I didn’t enjoy was the chocolate chili – so gross. :P  A headed to McD’s and picked up dinner for himself and W and then returned to the cookoff.  Per usual, several people came over to say hello to W.  W had a blast, greeting church friends, clapping for the chili winners, eating French fries, and switching seats – he spent equal time on my lap, my mom’s lap, and A’s lap.

With the late nap and eventful night, W didn’t go to bed until around 9pm.  I hate when he goes to bed late – I really try to stick to routine.  But thankfully, he slept until 7:45am the following morning, which was awesome!!  It definitely made up for the early wake up the day prior and I can’t recall the last time I was able to sleep passed 7am!

So Sunday started off with a trip to Starbucks and then grocery shopping.  I thought for sure W wouldn’t take a nap given his great sleeping, but he did!  An hour and a half nap and he woke up happy!  We decided to head to an early dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  Yummy!  W was a bit crazy – not bad, just antsy.  I think he had lots of energy from all that sleep!

Once we got home, A and I worked on finishing the nursery.  It turned out great and I absolutely LOVE it.  I’ll post pictures tomorrow.  As A said, now we just need a baby. J  Around 8pm, A tried to get W down for bed, but he was still so wound up and not acting tired at all.  It took an hour to get W to sleep.  So two nights in a row, he went to bed an hour late.  Uggh.  Unfortunately, he also woke in the night and was up at 5:30am this morning.  So we went from awesome sleep to not nearly enough sleep.  At least he was in a good mood this morning, but not sure how long that will last. :\

I forgot to mention that A installed the infant car seat.  I love seeing both car seats in my car. J  He also did tons of laundry and washed pump parts.  Husband of the year!  With only a couple weeks to go, I’m finding that I’m pretty useless.  I get tired quickly, I’m experiencing more swelling, I have cramps and Braxton Hicks contractions.  I’m fine when I’m not doing anything, but any time a task requires physical effort, I get tired.  Uggh.  I’m not used to being inactive.  I did hang curtains, clean the bathroom, and try to pack a hospital bag… which I don’t really understand.  When I was pregnant with W, people were asking me if I was packed with 6 weeks to go.  Can’t I just pack right before the hospital?  I don’t want to pack clothes, pajamas, hairbrush, toothbrush, etc. because I’m still using those things!  So I packed a few toiletry items: shampoo, toothpaste, contact lens solution, etc. and also packed a couple going home outfits for baby and called it good.  Totally went off on a tangent there.

In other news, A has the day off today so I really hope he and W have a good day.  They have gym class and quite a few errands to run so fingers crossed W stays happy despite the poor sleep!

I didn’t even take any W pictures over the weekend.  Tragic!  I guess you know it was a really busy weekend when that happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment